These Vegan Date Squares are sweet, delicious and secretly packed full of nutrients. The Vegan Date Squares are a no-bake recipe, making it a quick and easy snack. These squares (or bars) are a hit no matter the occasion!
Date SquaresCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 Cup (8 oz) Dates, chopped
1/2 Cup Cane Sugar (or sweetener of choice)
3/4 Cup Cashews, chopped (any kind of nut will do)
3/4 Cup Hemp Seeds
1 Cup Granola
3/4 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (for topping)
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (for topping)
- Combine Coconut Oil, Dates and Sugar in a saucepan on med/low heat. Stir constantly for about 5-7 minutes until soft and well combined
- Remove from heat and stir in Nuts, Hemp Seeds and Granola until well combined.
- Grease a 9×9 pan. Press mixture into pan at tightly as possible. (The looser it is, the crumblier it will be!)
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt and combine the remaining Coconut Oil and Vegan Chocolate Chips. Pour over squares in desired pattern.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Cut into squares or strips for bars and enjoy!
- *Feel free to sprinkle extra Hemp Seeds or some shredded coconut on top (and press in slightly) before setting in refrigerator.
Be sure to check out our Home page for the latest vegan recipes and plant-based tips! Sign up below for awesome recipes and articles right to your in box and of course, share freely!