These Banana Bread Cookies are light and fluffy, vegan, and easy to make. Feel free to add some chocolate chips or nuts of choice to kick it up a notch!
Banana Bread CookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1/2 Cup Coconut oil
1 Cup Cane Sugar
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
3 Tbsp Water
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
3/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix Chia Seeds and Water in small bowl and set aside for now.
- Mash Bananas and mix with Baking Soda. The chemical reaction this makes will give the cookies their rise.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Flour, Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Cloves.
- Cream Coconut Oil and Sugar together in large bowl. Add the Chia/Water mixture and stir well. Add the banana mixture and stir well. Add the Flour mixture and mix well. This would be the time that you trow in any additives you want. Spoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 min.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- This recipe also works well with All Purpose Flour.